Monday, June 27, 2011

Take your moment, you first!



Take your moment! So today I stole a day. I blew off a colleague, skip the gym, rescheduled my doctors appointment all because the moment came over me like Madea on a mission and you couldn't stop me.  That's right I went to the beach, say something! I'm big on finding my private space, I will ditch family friends whoever is in the way.  I'm the master of "I'm not here" lol.  You can knock on my door, hear the t.v. on, see someone walking through the house, and I WILL NOT, answer my door, because more than likely I'm 'Taking My Moment". It's important to make quiet time for yourself.  I choose places that are close to nature because that's what you need when looking for serenity & calm.  Some people find refuge in shopping, working out, the spa, salon, whatever floats your boat, just do it! If you live in a house with 2-5 people or work damn near all day everyday, or one of those people who take on other folks problems, personal space is very necessary. You find yourself becoming what everyone else expects you to be or conforming to  the situation at hand in order not to shake anyone, or make someone feel bad. NO, NO & NO!!! Fuck them! I say that with all sensarity, because there are people who are completly selfish and know how to manipulate people to get them where they want.  Here's where taking your moment really matters, try telling people no sometimes, try leaving people alone sometimes that your always there for, because they may also need to "Take A Moment" Don't become the manipulatee.  If you have a schedule to keep, then keep it, don't put your life aside to help someone else shoot past you, or slow you down from making your own progress.  God created us equal but individually.  Which means you need you to be you so that I can see who I am and visa versa.  It's cliche, but "people make the world go round".  It's important not to fall victim to the  needs of others to the point where you forget about you. Taking Your Moment will refresh your thoughts, give you a better look at things from the outside, give you more insight about yourself you didn't know existed because you had been under the spell of others so you may lose a part of you. Don't play too hard in the paint, you may end up on the bench watching from the side lines! Everyone! needs a vacation I don't care if it's your father who don't believe in taking a day off from mta for the past 30 years, or your mother who thinks she can't get sick because the family will need her, I mean I can go on, but my point is. If you feel like your world is becoming too much and your head is about to explode, then  "Take Your Moment"it's important for your self preservation.


Nikki Strong

1 comment:

  1. I agree with this 100%!!
    Very well said Sista!! Now
    I'm off to take " a moment " for myself!!
    I know I deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete

Say Something, go right ahead!