Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Good People" are an asset!

GOOD People, hmmm where do I start?  I know for a fact I have a problem with yes men, people who can't stand up for themselves, people that tend be at your beck and call.  Does that make them GOOD People, not necessarily.   GOOD people are people you can count on and you know they'll be there when things go left for you. Unfortunately a lot of us who need people like that shon them away because we're too busy being independent, tough, especially a lot of single women. BUT we tend to be attracted to chasing that person or that thing that doesn't chase us.   Not me, I'm GOOD..LOL, It's unfortunate that a lot of us will live alone, vacation alone, eat alone, and probably die alone because we're unfamiliar with something as simple as being nice. Not for nothing, I think the so called not GOOD person is probably just as nice, possibly scared to show that side of them. Even when these type of folk are out and about with friends and family and I use both of those words loosely, they're still alone.  To no fault of their own, it's in our nature to chase the unatainable, but it's also in our nature to be smart and learn to love what we need instead of what we want.  That my friends, is called Wisdom! The older the wiser for sure, but in a lot of cases some folks will never change who they are, because it hurts more to be a little soft then it does to pretend you don't care.  I hear you, but I'm not listening.  There's also the case of things simply being a bad habit.  A number of people are molded into these people and don't know where it started so they may never come out of their funk.  However, I crave for GOOD people in my life, in my family's life in my work place, because when it's time to take off the tough suit and the lights go out and day or the year was long, you have what you need right there.  Understanding..  I'll admit, I like a challenge but when the challenge doesn't amount to anything but a challenge, it's get's old quick, and becomes a waste of energy.  In the work place we're more focussed on the cool guy or girl that almost never get's anything done, but makes us laugh, knows how to have fun, and we tend to forget about the hardworking person that's making everything happen because well...they're just too damn nice, and too weak to stand up for themselves.  These are the people that can be employed for years, and never get a promotion, but get more job detail every 6 months.  NOT GOOD! Listen there's more GOOD in me than bad but, when you don't speak up for yourself I can't help you.  I'm not mad at the GOOD person, but there has to be a limit to it, and there has to be a limit to the oposition.  I'm thinking balance is the key so BE GOOD to yourself, learn to compromise with life because there is no one side to it, come out of your comfort zone.  You can catch more bees with honey. In my Jay-Z voice (Ladies & Gentlemen, these are just my thoughts) Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something, go right ahead!