Monday, November 14, 2011

SIMPLY SATISFIED (ahhh)

There's something to be said about people who are SIMPLY SATISFIED.  While the average Jane/Joe gets bothered by things they can't control, a SIMPLY SATISFIED person is at first baffled over the small things but eventually let's it go and let God.  I was thinking this because while I'm not well off and can't do the things that I used and no where near the capacity, but  I do  find comfort in my home and the small world that I live in.  I made crab legs, yam fries and brussel sprouts for dinner, something I would clearly order at restaurant.  After I smashed my dinner I felt a sense of priceless comfort.  Then this morning I thought how much I love The California Benedict breakfast the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas serves.  Now I simply made an omelette with spinach and added the crab meat from the left over crabs from last nights dinner, made a cup of coffee, added my mocha cream, sat in front of my TV, let the sunshine in, and you couldn't tell me I wasn't at The Wynn , for those 15 minutess it took for me to smash that omelette.  Man, sometimes I wonder if its a crime or a glitch to be so SIMPLY SATISFIED, especially since I know the best of both worlds.  I've slept in 5 star hotels for weeks at a time, I've eaten at some pretty posh restaurants, I've shopped in the most popular coutoure boutiques, and driven the best cars.  Thank God I had the opportunity.  However, I believe its important to have the balance because it makes the ride down as smooth as the ride up.  Yes you can ruffle my feathers, but they can't be destroyed because I'm truly one of the SIMPLY SATISFIED!

2 comments:

  1. SIMPLY...THE TRUTH! I am Simply Satisfied and full of Substance! At 46 I've learned that whether I wear #300 shoes or $30 shoes, they both get me where I need to be. I'm more concerned with my journey and the effect I have on the people around me. Thanks for sharing sis! Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Miss Soul Purpose, we get it!

    ReplyDelete

Say Something, go right ahead!